Monday, July 26, 2010

in the shade of Duke Chapel and is there an app for this?

On my lunch break today I pretended to be a tourist around a landmark that I am very familiar with. The trees below are extra large examples (from top to bottom): American Holly, Southern Magnolia, Purple Leaf Plum, Willow Oak.

The hinge is a reminder that Gothic architecture often pulls its motifs from Nature.

Speaking of reminders...can anyone help me remember the capitalization rules for plants... Hmm...the beauty and curse of blogging?  Has anyone invented an app for editing? Or maybe there is a cloud-editor website out there that would employ live people pouring over inane blog post from around the globe and pitching back an occasional tidbit of goodness. This scribe would subscribe. Ouch, maybe I should have deleted that last play on words.


No comments:

Blog Archive