Wednesday, July 21, 2010

morning news: Among the Hmong

I'm having a busy week so it is hard to find time to come up with my own original observations about gardens, people, and outdoor miscellany. And the fumes from painting my basement aren't helping.
But that doesn't mean I can't rip a hyperlink out of the cyberworld for you to  read.

Check out the lead from today's Life section in the N&O. 

I had no idea that North Carolina's western piedmont and foothills were home to such a large  rural population of Hmong immigrants...... Another pretty cool fact- you can grow rice in dry ground and charge $25 a gallon for it?  Um, goodbye squash.  Of course I am sure there are probably a few centuries of agricultural traditions that one might need to get some practice with first.... Enjoy this story.

No comments:

Blog Archive