Friday, September 10, 2010

there is an aperture for that

-this pic is from Durham's Brightleaf district. I took it on a whim while putting my seatbelt on with the other hand. I am not usually this lucky.


Having a decent camera on my phone has become less of a novelty and is now something I take for granted. I love old film cameras as well as my wife's digital SLR.  But I appreciate the convenience of not having to carry a bag with stuff in it just in case I see a good shot. And sometimes the stress of looking for pictures can suck the fun out of what you came to see.  Now that my camera fits in my pocket all the time, I forget it's there.

 Stress free? ...No. Not when you consider how easy it is to drop a tiny smart phone or spill coffee on something that cost more than a week's worth of groceries. I'm always worrying about that.

No comments:

Blog Archive